30 April 2014

Next.

Yes, blog silence followed by a quick succession of posts. It's how we roll.


This morning Ven went in for his 3rd set of Distemper/Parvo shots. I will wait 2 more weeks then do his Rabies, just to avoid stressing his system by doing them at the same time.


This morning I got the email from the airline and checked in for my flight to Minneapolis tomorrow morning. 


I am really excited about Tryouts this year. I have been doing agility for 21 years, and while "AKC World Team" was not even in existence yet when i started, and then was not of interest to me for a while after it did exist, it has been a dream of mine to be on that team for the last probably 8 to 10 years now. This is my 4th year attending Tryouts, and Strafe's 2nd time.


Last year Strafe won 3 of the 5 classes, but I did not sign up to try out for the FCI AWC Team, and so of course we did not make it. This year I did sign up - I would love to travel to Luxembourg as part of the AKC FCI Team this year. I think we have a good chance of making it but of course I would never be ridiculous and jinx us by saying "of course we'll make it!"


I am FINALLY over my ridiculously long on and off coughing illness. Strafe has been off his antibiotic for about 3 weeks now and is eating very well and looking and feeling great. We are READY.


I have packed most of my clothes, a mat and a pop-up crate for Strafe, my running shoes. We leave early in the morning for an 8:30am flight from BWI.


And so we are off on the beginning of what will hopefully be our next 2 adventures: EO and AWC. Wish us luck!
 I am staying in Minnesota after Tryouts to teach for 3 days, so we will actually be gone for a week, which is why my suitcase is a bit larger than usual;) Today will be spent teaching my morning class, then preparing to send Seri and Kiba off to their temporary homes for the week I am gone, and last minute packing preparations. Then we are off!


No comments: