07 January 2013


Worked on playing with Strafe on this yesterday, with lowered jumps. I made it harder by handling the whole thing with the dog on my right, using the "flick" maneuver as taught by Jaakko and Janita. We hit a couple bumps where Strafe committed to the obvious side of #2 so we worked on our timing with that and with him coming straight to my arm when I lower it and call him strongly. No, I did not get video. No I probably won't use this on American courses, but it's a fun skill to have and it is a very straightforward way to handle it - no side changes involved, no blind crosses, just a quick "flick" maneuver, the dog does all the work. Fun! But it's something you have to practice before trusting it at a trial... and it's especially hard for us to master since we really don't ever get a chance to practice something like this at a trial here in the USA. But I like having a ton of skills!


We did use our weave entries and backside skills to win Team Snooker at USDAA Nationals!

2 comments:

DeadliestCatchBC Agility said...

Glad you blogged this, I've been wondering how you train that since I watched the Jaako videos!

Rosanne said...

Well this is certainly not a comprehensive training guide! We work on it with 1 jump and no jumps at all quite a bit first before using it in a sequence.