01 May 2012

Last practice before Tryouts

I wanted to run a couple of courses today that forced me to work a couple of Trig's weaknesses inside of a full course layout. Just for fun, I created them in CRCD so I could share them here. I don't feel that they are insanely difficult in a snooker-like fashion - they are fast and have some flow, but each presents its own challenges. I feel that these are the level of difficulty I expect to encounter at Tryouts. Trig ran them well, the only snag we hit was not finding the tough tunnel opening in the white circle course (under the aframe). I also ran them with Kiba for training, and she did pretty well too. She's very different from Trig so it's good for me to work hard at staying mentally sharp and connected to her after running Trig. Each dog has their own strengths and weaknesses...


it is warm and humid here today, after several weeks of cool dry weather. Oddly, even though it's still pretty cool inside, the dogs have been very sleepy this afternoon as if they were outside in the heat all day (they haven't - they went for one 15minute walk this morning, and Kiba did some agility).

I leave TOMORROW for Tryouts! I'm finally getting excited - it helps that I have most of my Belgium trip organized finally, so some of that stress is off my shoulders now. I won't really be *excited* for that until I land in Belgium safe and sound though...

2 comments:

Lillian M. Russell said...

Wishing you safe travel and awesome success at the tryouts!

Lillian M. Russell said...

Wishing you safe travel and awesome success at the tryouts!