13 March 2012

Extra Posty this week

Which is ok since I'll be no-posty all weekend with a long USDAA trial starting Friday...

Today I spent some time studying courses from 2 of the judges for the WAO (I'm familiar enough with what the american one puts out - which is tough, but generally american-style courses). i need to start setting up the harder ones that I can make fit in my ring. The weather here is just gorgeous and WARM lately...
If you're interested, courses are HERE and HERE

I am so happy that Strafe has figured out that the puppy will play with him even though the puppy is small. Right now Strafe is upside down quietly wrestling with him. Strafe just has the nicest temperament ever. An 18-month old adolescent intact male, upside down on my floor wrestling with an almost-12 week old puppy. And I should say that Ryze is NOT as polite as Strafe was as a puppy. Ryze is not "rude" as far as puppies go, but he has been known to jump on a dog's head now and then. Today on a walk in the field, he latched onto Strafe's mane, and I had to shoo him away because Strafe refused to do so, and just walked around with a sheltie for a necklace...

Wondering how his dogwalk looks? Here ya go

He shows a bit of confusion once in a while in the new place but overall I'm pretty happy with it. I expect some confusion this weekend - regardless of how smart he is, he's had 6 weekends of trialing with a running behavior, so I'll have to remind him strongly that he stops now when we are in the ring.

No comments: