15 November 2011



That's how Strafe sleeps in bed. He doesn't really sleep upside any other time, just in bed. I'm pretty sure it's because he likes the belly-cooling effect of the ceiling fan which we leave on most of the time. he DOES take up my foot space though....

Today I'm off to NJ. Yes, never still, my wandering feet (and tires). This evening I'm teaching some privates at a private indoor, and tomorrow I've got a day of privates for a club in NJ. Then Thursday is a day home to prepare for Friday, when I leave for Denver CO to teach all weekend. Then the following week I return home on Tuesday, a friend comes to visit, then Thanksgiving (something I really don't care about, sorry), a 3-day AKC Trial which is my first chance to garner some Q's towards Tryouts with Trig at 26". Then the following weekend I'm off to Portland OR (hopefully I'll get weather as nice as last year!), then the weekend after that is Strafe's first trial! He's actually ready now, somehow. I've never had a dog fully trained at 14 months. And while he's definitely not ready to go win Nationals or anything, he is confident and happy with all the equipment, his jumping is solid, his handling basics are all solid. And it's certainly not because I work him every day. Or even every other day. Or even every week! But he picks everything up very quickly, and he has been to more different places than most of my young dogs, since I take him to seminars with me whenever they're close enough to drive to. So he's been on at least 4 or 5 different sets of contacts and weaves already. He's also experienced a myriad of different types of footing, from slick turf to packed dirt to rubber matting to grass.

1 comment:

Greg Fontaine said...

cute picture of Strafe :-)