13 October 2011

USDAA D2 and D3

Yesterday (Wed) was our first day of actual runs at USDAA Nationals. Both dogs only ran Team Gamblers, and both ran the courses I planned perfectly. I deliberately did an aframe with Kiba just so i could remind her she's supposed to stop at the bottom, and I was glad I did, because she totally "forgot"...
.
Kiba's PVP Team was in 3rd place overall after Gamblers on Wed. Drifter's team was not doing as well since his teammates did not have perfect Gamble runs and in fact one of them got robbed of points due to the judge thinking her dog had entered the poles when he hadn't...

Today (Thurs) we had Team Standard and Kiba ran PGP Semifinals. First up was Kiba in PVP Standard. She had a pretty good run, she just curled in towards me more than I expected out of the chute and missed her weave entry. Not bad. After that we ran PGP Semi-final. I was really excited for this course as it was a fun but tough course and Kiba could easily win the Final if she put in a good run, but no, in a totally random move, she popped out of the weaves at pole #10. I had slowed down, but I definitely had not started moving away from the poles yet since when she popped, she and I were basically face to face standing still. I was pretty upset at her for that - she's usually quite reliable in weaves as long as I don't do anything strange. i got her checked out but aside from a bit of tightness she really was in pretty good shape still.

Drifter only had one run today, Team Standard, and he didn't run till 4pm. He ran great, put in a good solid run, a few slightly wide corners and his usual pushy see-saw but his contacts and weaves and handling and jumping are all looking fantastic and he's clearly feeling very well!

I got a run or two on video but I certainly won't have every run. I do not like the stress of finding someone I know to video before the run...

No comments: