01 September 2011

I can't believe it, but Strafe is actually old enough to start weave pole training! I will wait till next week since I'm busy this weekend and Monday, but that's the last obstacle to really start. He doesn't really know the see-saw fully yet, but he's had an intro to it and can do a little low one by himself. So once we learn weaves (I aim to take about a month to get to 6 or 12, I'm in no rush), and finish our see-saw, and add speed and angled approaches to our dogwalk, and raise our aframe, and raise our jumps (slowly!), well, then he'll be ready to go! OK, maybe that still sounds like a lot....

But I think that is all easily accomplished by late January, his tentative trialing start date. He'll be 16 going on 17 months by then.


2 comments:

Tori Self said...

Are you still planning on coming to Florida? Would be great to have you guys down here.

And happy birthday!! Hope you're having a great day!

Rosanne said...

Yes I'm planning to come down around the end of Jan to the beginning of February.