09 June 2011

Seri AX AXJ AD GM TM

Seri got her Gamblers Master in the mail. I thought she only had like 3 legs in Gamblers. It's the only game she's actually in Masters for because I stopped entering the rest of them after she got her single leg in each in Advanced. She needs one more Standard to finish her AAD. I didn't even enter it this weekend. When I go to USDAA anymore, I am focused on Tournaments, and since those are usually 1 or 2 runs a day, I budget the rest of what the dog runs. Seri has had a bunch of 1-fault Adv Std runs this year, so we just haven't finished. They weren't all one bar either, we had a missed up contact on the see-saw, a table where an elbow popped up that I didn't see (and couldn't hear the stopped count over her barking), a broken pull-apart tire, and a table she slid off. . . Anyway I don't really care. My goal has been, and will continue to be, National level competition (and beyond!), and so I don't really care if she ever gets ADCH-Gold or makes Top Ten or whatever. Drifter doesn't even have a Bronze LAA yet (I never enter Pairs). I am happy with the way I enter trials right now, enough to qualify for both big National events I like to attend, and maybe qualify for a World Team along the way.

Northeast Regional is this weekend. Team is tomorrow, but I already have Team Q's, and I didn't know how hot it was going to be (hot!), so I didn't enter it. I will head up tomorrow evening and stay in my mother's RV overnight, and we are only running Gamblers, GP, and Steeplechase. An easy day, although that's 9 runs with the 3 dogs. Hopefully we'll get some byes into semi-finals of some classes. And what we don't get, I don't really care, i will just run quarterfinals at Cynosports. The rest of my year is dedicated to AKC and Seri.

2 comments:

Cedarfield said...

I'm curious. Do you remember what each of Seri's faults was in those Std runs or are you referring to notes you keep? What kind of (how detailed) is your record keeping at trials?

Rosanne said...

Clearly my record keeping is not great. Especially in usdaa games. I remember Seri's faults from Adv Std this spring because they were all strange one time single faults...