12 January 2011

Snow


Last year the Philly region set records for the amount of snowfall it receives (somewhere in excess of 65" - I think it was closer to 70" but having trouble finding it online). I was so sure we wouldn't get nearly as much this year, but it seems I might be wrong. We've had two 3 or 4" snowfalls already, the last of which was last week and hadn't melted yet by the time it snowed last night, DJ is out shoveling now and estimates it at about 5" more. I don't mind it too much, really, but it does interfere with everything. I am not sure if I can have class this afternoon; the snow should stop by mid-morning, but I will have to call the barn to see if we can get the cars in to park, and get down to the indoor to practice...

So this morning I am spending working on sequences, both for today, just in case, and for the weekend. This weekend I'm flying out to Portland OR, which will be fun; I've never been to the Pacific Northwest at all, so I'm looking forward to it.

Here's a sample of what I usually practice with my own dogs, between classes. I try to include different skills - new skills, skills I don't *like* to practice, and sometimes I throw a straight line in there, as that's where bars tend to come down for Seri and I need to make sure I am as fast as I think I am...

Sorry if this won't open up larger, they usually do but it's not working for me today...

2 comments:

Tori Self said...

Neat about the Portland trip! Have a great time.

Catalina said...

Such a cutie in that coat!