20 April 2010

Even when I get a day off I'm still busy. Worked today at my "real" job, stopped at Staples and got my C5 customs form scanned, then came home, did brief bounce jump grids with the dogs + soft sided weave entries with Seri (only a few reps). Then packed Drifter and Seri in the car and went to the park for 20-minute bike jogs with each. Drifter seems to enjoy the bike jogger attachment, he figured it out right away when I introduced it last week. He trots along with a relaxed expression. Perfect, like a treadmill with better scenery. Seri, on the other hand, will take a few tries to get on the attachment. Her reaction was "Why in hell did you tie my head to this metal contraption!??" so I ponied her along on a loose leash and as she got used to the bike I slowly shortened the leash up a bit - holding it loosely in my hand the whole time. She did OK. I expect she'll take one more session of leash biking before being attached to the jogger again. I do use a plastic (not too harsh) pinch collar - 2 reasons being me not wanting to get pulled over if they do get distracted, although they're pretty good, and also because I don't want them pulling and leaning to one side the whole time. Defeats the purpose of trotting as exercise, you know, even muscle tone. . .

After that I ordered some shorts (yes, shorts) hopefully that will match our uniforms OK. And filled in traveler info for our tickets on Continental, and sent the C5 form to confirm Drifter's reception in Heathrow with the freight company...

Most of my paperwork is in line, as I mentioned yesterday. I did finally get an appointment set up at the USDA Office in Harrisburg. So hopefully I only have one more vet visit after that and I should be set. I also need to get a health certificate, I guess, unless the 7001 form counts? I will ask at the USDA next Monday.

Tomorrow I have class and lessons, Thursday I leave for the trial, returning Sunday. Monday I go to USDA office, Tuesday I see Ria, Wed I have class, etc etc. Busy busy. And oh, by the way, the VOLCANO IS SPEWING ASH ALL OVER THE UK! Suck! We haven't heard what IFCS says about this, but we can only hope it stops soon. Pray if you like, even. I will NOT be pleased if I can't even GET to the event. . . as of today they are resuming some air traffic in London but who knows. They are worried it will explode again and/or trigger a nearby volcano to also erupt. Way to go ay-ya-FYAH-lah-yer-kull....

No comments: