30 March 2010

NAC Drifter has a nice ring to it right?


The drive home after was grueling and I'm still pretty sleep deprived. All in all a great weekend. Both dogs ran in Challenger Round so neither had a horrible weekend. Kiba ran in 16 and was 2nd in ISC JWW on Friday, somewhere around 10th in JWW on Saturday, and 4th in Hybrid Round Sunday. She hit a bar but had a rockin' time in Challengers - not enough to beat Angie and Dylan anyway, but still fast! Drifter had a bar in each run on Fri, turned out he slipped in the first one and was sore for the 2nd. Sat he won Standard, Sunday he ended up 12th or so in Hybrid (I ran very conservatively to be clean), then won Challengers to get into Finals, then won Finals with the fastest time of all heights! (Although I'm sure if we'd been at 26 that darned Solar wouldve been faster...)

I do have *some* video but not all. I will probably upload it Thurs.

I've also been thinking about what to do with Kiba. She has been hitting a lot of bars at 22, and at 16 even on Tulsa's hard ground she held up really well. If I switch to P16 in usdaa though, she'd either have to requalify everything or just stay home. I'm leaning toward the latter for this year. She does not travel well; she pants and cowers. She runs fine at events but isn't a good traveller. So its a tough toss up. I don't really want to pay all the $$ to requalify her in Perf. Maybe I'll go easy and just take Drifter and Seri this year. And the same for akc next year? (Perry GA, most likely, which is 15hrs drive for me) but without a Nationals goal I have trouble finding purpose for a dog, so maybe just akc for her? Obviously I haven't figured it all out yet.

I am planning more akc this year...

3 comments:

Diana said...

Congrats on your awesome run in the finals!!! Diana

Lisa said...

Congratulations - they both had terrific runs. L

fulltiltbcs said...

HUGE Congrats to you Rosanne! :) Can't wait to see the video!