22 October 2008

Feeling better, but still have lots to do!

My muscle is feeling better, I'm only getting a slight twinge when I walk now. It doesn't seem to bother me when I run a bit, but I don't know if that's just because my brain blocks it out or because it actually doesn't hurt.

I worked the dogs on a couple sequences with hard weave entries (both directions) and some more dogwalk reps. Drifter's dogwalks are settling back to where they were without any help, and his weave entries, as always, are phenomenal. I just LOOOVE sending him to a hard weave entry from the up ramp of the dogwalk and watching him take aim and shoot into them, brake hard and make the wrap. Amazing and wonderful! And he loves it too, is the cool thing. Discovered Kiba can't QUITE do an acute angle on the off-side entry (dog on right), though she sights on the first pole and wraps it, she doesn't always wrap tight enough. That's OK, she's easy to "shape" slightly to get an entry if necessary, and I can't even say the last time I needed a dog to do an acute angle entry. I just like to train it so I don't have to babysit in the ring on right angles.

I washed and packed a lot of clothes the last two days, but I still have to organize them a bit and make sure I have enough socks and undergarments. We have a washer/dryer in the house we're renting so I don't have to bring 2 weeks worth of stuff, which is great. I already got the dog food together and stripped the car. Now its in getting serviced and we pick it up after work. Another couple hundred bucks down the drain! Was necessary though. Oh well. Winter is for paying down debt, right? Once I get the van back this afternoon I will start packing some basics in, including the folding bike - assuming its holding air in the tires. It was in the garage all year and I had to put air in them since they were flat. They seemed to fill easily enough and hold while I rode around so I think they're fine, just sat for too long.

Still need to get a hair cut. Will probably do that this afternoon. Just want some trim and thin so I have a pony tail instead of a full-fledged horse version :-D
(my hair is T-H-I-C-K)

Can't believe we leave so soon, but definitely looking forward to it. This will be our 5th year at the same site, so it's feeling very familiar. When I sit and think about being there, I feel like I was just there last week. I can't believe how quickly the year flies by!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I am getting my hair cut at 1:00 today. Definitely necesary -- my hair's getting way too long!! My hairdresser had a baby in June, though, and she stopped cutting hair in April to prepare for it, so it's been half a year since I got a trim!! Zoiks!

I just got done living out of a suitcase for two weeks. My housecleaner is, thankfully, doing all that laundry for me today. So I'll go home and pack it all back up before the weekend's over. Gotta love living out of a suitcase!! It's truly amazing how things multiply when you travel. I only bought 3 shirts while I was up in your area and my suitcases were SO hard to get closed on Monday morning -- bizarre!!

Rosanne said...

Starting to think I'm not going to have time to bother with my hair. I can deal with it. Want to finish packing and such today, practice tomorrow, some stuff yet to buy. Hair is not top priority. It stays out of my face. That's what matters.

cedarfield said...

Good luck in Scottsdale! Hope you have a great time and a safe journey.

Donna said...

I don't know if you got it cut before Nationals or not, but you have ridiculously perfect hair. My hair looks like a loofah (sp?) sponge in the Texas humidity and your hair looked absolutely perfect. If the dog agility doesn't work out, you could put in an application for a Pantene model.